AJ got this white board for Christmas. He has been asking me to write his name on it all day. Every time I write it he points to the letters and says their name. We have been working on recongizing his letters. He has his name down. While I was cooking dinner he wrote his name all by himself.
This should be no big deal but it is because he is not a coloring/drawing kind of kid yet. He quickly (within 30 seconds) gets tired of coloring. He has never been big on drawing or coloring. He is more of a car/train kid.
I was so proud of him! I had to take a picture. You can tell from his face that he is just thrilled to have his picture taken. I was just so happy. What is funny is that it is not like he has a lot of letters for his name. I guess before he goes to Kindergarten we need to work on his full name Avery James.
As a teacher I am pretty proud that he can write his name before going to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment