Wow, it's been a long time since I last blogged. I have spent this time trying to decide what is the purpose of my blog. I started this blog to share our life with family and friends that live far from us. I don't think that it ever became that. I know that some people looked at it, but it didn't grow into what I had imagined it to. So now I am going to continue this blog with the focus being on our family. This is going to be to our family about our family. In December I will work on putting it together in a book that I can buy and keep as a keepsake for AJ. I guess it will be an online scrapbook. I love to scrapbook but I don't have the time or $ to get all the pictures I want printed so that is what this is going to be.
So to get caught up I have posted LOTS of pictures of what we have been up to the last 4 months. Oh, boy!
January 2012:
It was nice to be able to go outside in Jan. and draw with chalk. It was a pretty mild winter this year.
Home Depot Kids Workshop are on the first Saturday of the month. This one was a keepsake box. I love how he decorated it! :)
Having fun at Chuck E. Cheese at a birthday party for two of his classmates. He loves the skeeball game!
During Mid-Winter Break AJ and Momma went bowling. It was during this bowling time that Momma tore her menuscus. Momma had arthroscopy surgery on 4/25/12 to repair it.
March 2012:
Home Depot Kid's Workshop - Lowe's race car
Monster Jam came back to Detroit in March. At this show was AJ's favorite truck was going to be there: Brutus. Brutus is part of Team Scream so we made a sign for them. It was cool because all 4 drivers saw us during the beginning of the show and waved to us.
After the show all the drivers stay and sign for any fans that want to stand in line to have something signed. We decided to stand in line and have them sign the program that we got. We had Team Scream sign the poster that we made for them. As you can tell in the picture, AJ was HAPPY! It is currently hanging above his bed.
Lowe's Build and Grow - basketball hoop game.
At school for crazy hat day! He wanted to wear Daddy's Perry the Platypus hat.
Cousin Tam came to visit us the last weekend in March. We went to Grand Rapids to visit our grandparents graves. Tam placed flowers on them. The above picture is AJ trying to turn over the flower vases that are built into the headstones.
While we were in Grand Rapids, we met Aunt Judy for dinner. Here is AJ posing for a picture with one of the many things hanging from the wall.
While Tam was here we took her to the Henry Ford Museum. It is always nice to go to this museum. She had never been there so it was fun to take her. The above picture is Tam, AJ, and Daddy walking by the Presidental cars.
AJ and Momma "driving" a train! How fun!
President Lincoln's chair - this is the chair that he was in when he was shot.
AJ the hotdog (since all he eats is hotdogs!)
During her visit, Tam wanted to go to my parents' graves. AJ had never been up here. We have talked a lot about them being his angels but I had never brought him up here. It was just the right time to do so.
As we were getting ready to leave, he ran back and prayed to his angels. He is such a sweet sole!
April 2012:
Tam was getting ready to leave so we took a picture! AJ had fun playing games with her!
Play date with AJ's friend Will. This time Momma didn't bowl..hahaha! They had a blast!
Home Depot Kid's Workshop - window bird feeder
Easter basket 2012
Decorating eggs at Mamaw's house
Mamaw's Easter basket
Finding the hidden Easter eggs. Thank goodness it was a good day!
So that is the wrap up on what we have been up to for the last 4 months. My plan is to post the memories that we make as a family. I want to make this blog something that will last for generations.






No comments:
Post a Comment