The potty training is basically done. He now poops almost everyday on the toliet and hasn't had an accident at all. I do think he is ready to transtion to using the big toliet all the time. He won't go by himself anymore, he want either Rich or I to "help" him. He has been going by himself just fine until I went back to school. At my IL's he doesn't have a small toliet so I think he is having a hard adjusting back and forth. I think this week I will try to get him on the big toliet and off the small one. He has a hard time standing on the step stool and getting on the toliet but with some practice he will learn.
The pacifier is becoming a big issue with us. He got a cold this week and wanted the comfort of holding two of them. He sucks one and then rubbed another, this last week he started rubbing two. By accident there were two in the bed and he found them. I tried to take one away but because he was not feeling good he broke down and it played to my mom heart. I also was feeling awful so I gave in and now I am regretting it. I think I have to "lose" the ones that he rubs this week so that we can go back to having just one. It could be a long week! LOL!
I have to think of the game plan to get rid of the paci because he is becoming more attached to them than I was hoping for. I guess during the day at my IL's he will leave playing and go to the bedroom and lay down and just suck on it. Kinda like a coffee break but with his paci. I probably won't do it until I have a break from school since I am not a good teacher with lack of sleep. Gives me time to prepare myself.
The paci was a hard one to wean. We are through with it, but still a handful of times even recently when she was upset she would ask for it. It must be a hard habit to kick! Good luck!
ReplyDelete